Powerful Commerce Engine
The InsiteCommerce platform is composed of a modern multi-layer architecture, built around an API-centric approach. The core business logic and platform features are managed through the web-based Administration Console, and all capabilities are exposed through a full set of RESTful APIs.
Front end options
InsiteCommerce also includes a set of responsive UI/UX pages that can be managed with a robust Content Management System (CMS) tool. For brand-conscious organizations that want to create their own front-end experience or leverage their preferred CMS platform, they can build around the InsiteCommerce RESTful APIs.
Back end integrations
Insite also provides a set of integration tools that allow users to build and orchestrate integrations between InsiteCommerce and their backend business systems (e.g. ERP, PIM, etc.) without having to purchase a separate tool.
Insite Software Approach
Organizations looking to extend the platform can leverage the core .NET architecture, Entity Framework, CSS3/TypeScript/HTML5, etc. to quickly build out additional functionality. InsiteCommerce can also be deployed in any number of environments, including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
InsiteCommerce includes multi-site capabilities, where any number of sites/domains can be spun up from a single instance of the platform. This enables organizations to utilize a central instance of core data (e.g. customers, products, integration, etc.), but build out separate, unique & targeted user experiences.
Organizations can also choose to implement different front-end UI/UX for each site spun up from the same InsiteCommerce instance. For example, they can leverage Insite’s UI/UX for their B2B site, leverage a best-in-breed CMS for their B2C site, and create their own mobile application – utilizing the same InsiteCommerce instance by leveraging the core set of APIs.
Features & Benefits
- InsiteCommerce provides organizations with an entire set of front-end UI/UX pages that support all of the platform’s functionality along with CMS tools to manage their unique web experience.
- InsiteCommerce’s UI/UX is also built upon a responsive design, allowing end-users to access the site on any device they wish – desktop, tablet, mobile – without having to build out separate web pages for each.
- Two distinct sets of APIs are available: Storefront and Administration. Users are split between the two for maximum security and configuration flexibility.
- InsiteCommerce provides a set of tools that enable organizations to build out and orchestrate integration to their back-end business systems without having to purchase a separate ETL platform.
- All capabilities within the InsiteCommerce platform are exposed through a set of storefront and administration RESTful APIs, including: cart management, customer-specific pricing & catalogs, order workflow, customer record updates, product record updates, etc.
- The Insite Admin APIs have separate security access and allows for granular entity or field permissions by user role.
- The API-centric architecture allows users to utilize the entire InsiteCommerce feature set to build out their own UI/UX layer on top of a central platform – essentially leveraging the platform as “Headless eCommerce”.
- The modular architecture enables developers to easily extend the platform, with prescriptive extension points to help keep upgrades easy.
- InsiteCommerce includes multi-site capabilities, enabling organizations to create any number of sites/domains from one instance of the platform. A single InsiteCommerce platform can be leveraged to build out any number of unique front ends (e.g. B2B site, B2C site, mobile app, etc.), each potentially having a unique way to present the UI/UX (e.g. InsiteCommerce pages, third-party CMS, mobile application, etc.).
“InsiteCommerce is a really outstanding product for .NET developers. It was built with the fundamental idea that it can be extended to fit the customer’s needs. These extension points give developers a lot of flexibility to enhance the product for their clients.”Himadri ChakrabartiDirector of Technology - Nish Tech