Powerful commerce engine.
The InsiteCommerce platform is composed of a modern multi-layer architecture, built around an API-centric approach. The core business logic and platform features are managed through the web-based Administration Console, and all capabilities are exposed through a full set of RESTful APIs.
Front end options
InsiteCommerce also includes a set of responsive UI/UX pages that can be managed with a robust Content Management System (CMS) tool. For brand-conscious organizations that want to create their own front-end experience or leverage their preferred CMS platform, they can build around the InsiteCommerce RESTful APIs.
Back end integrations
Insite also provides a set of integration tools that allow users to build and orchestrate integrations between InsiteCommerce and their backend business systems (e.g. ERP, PIM, etc.) without having to purchase a separate tool.
Insite Software Approach
Organizations looking to extend the platform can leverage the core .NET architecture, Entity Framework, CSS3/TypeScript/HTML5, etc. to quickly build out additional functionality. InsiteCommerce can also be deployed in any number of environments, including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
InsiteCommerce includes multi-site capabilities, where any number of sites/domains can be spun up from a single instance of the platform. This enables organizations to utilize a central instance of core data (e.g. customers, products, integration, etc.), but build out separate, unique & targeted user experiences.
Organizations can also choose to implement different front-end UI/UX for each site spun up from the same InsiteCommerce instance. For example, they can leverage Insite’s UI/UX for their B2B site, leverage a best-in-breed CMS for their B2C site, and create their own mobile application – utilizing the same InsiteCommerce instance by leveraging the core set of APIs.
Features & Benefits
- InsiteCommerce provides organizations with an entire set of front-end UI/UX pages that support all of the platform’s functionality along with CMS tools to manage their unique web experience.
- InsiteCommerce’s UI/UX is also built upon a responsive design, allowing end-users to access the site on any device they wish – desktop, tablet, mobile – without having to build out separate web pages for each.
- Two distinct sets of APIs are available: Storefront and Administration. Users are split between the two for maximum security and configuration flexibility.
- InsiteCommerce provides a set of tools that enable organizations to build out and orchestrate integration to their back-end business systems without having to purchase a separate ETL platform.
- All capabilities within the InsiteCommerce platform are exposed through a set of storefront and administration RESTful APIs, including: cart management, customer-specific pricing & catalogs, order workflow, customer record updates, product record updates, etc.
- The Insite Admin APIs have separate security access and allows for granular entity or field permissions by user role.
- The API-centric architecture allows users to utilize the entire InsiteCommerce feature set to build out their own UI/UX layer on top of a central platform – essentially leveraging the platform as “Headless eCommerce”.
- The modular architecture enables developers to easily extend the platform, with prescriptive extension points to help keep upgrades easy.
- InsiteCommerce includes multi-site capabilities, enabling organizations to create any number of sites/domains from one instance of the platform. A single InsiteCommerce platform can be leveraged to build out any number of unique front ends (e.g. B2B site, B2C site, mobile app, etc.), each potentially having a unique way to present the UI/UX (e.g. InsiteCommerce pages, third-party CMS, mobile application, etc.).
“Insite is truly extensible at every layer, from data to presentation, and my team has yet to encounter an area where we have been blocked due to a lack of extensibility options. As developers we appreciate the architecture and the amount of thought that has been put in to giving us the freedom to build what our clients want.”Zach BussingerDirector of Software Development - Xngage