From the CEO, Brian Strojny
To All Insite Customers,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing business and update you on the progress of our software products and services.
Company and Team Update
2010 was a year of growth and great transition at Insite. Our team has quickly grown from 38 to 60 people. In 2011 we have strategically added several new team members to help us grow and improve in the areas of support, consulting and development. We thank you, our customers, for helping us with this growth.
In a tough year, we enabled you to do more with less by helping facilitate the order and shipment of an estimated 50 million products to your customers. Insite has also gone global in 2011 with new partners and customers throughout the world. Our customer base continues to grow steadily and we anticipate adding our 1,000th customer this year – a real milestone for us.
We have continued to invest in our product suite and have made significant enhancements to all of our products. We fund this development primarily through your annual maintenance fees. As we look to 2011 a couple of themes are emerging in our products including:
- Adding multi-currency and multi-language
- Ability to ship from anywhere to anywhere
- We are adding integrations to new applications, tax services, payment processors and carriers
- Social media integration on ecommerce
- Automated data feeds to external services for things like reviews, cross-site shopping and marketing
- We are completely rewriting our shipping product using our commerce framework
- The Software Development Kit and ecommerce framework are using state of the art approaches for rapid software development
- Invested in automated testing software and resources to write and maintain testing scripts
All of these investments on our part are to help you protect your investment by providing clear and compelling upgrade paths for your Insite products.
2011 Consulting and Support Update
As part of our continuous push to innovate and invest, we have been engaged in updating our service organization as well. We have added more staff and invested in new software that helps us track the life cycle of service tickets. Soon you will be able to access our systems directly to report issues, do knowledgebase searches and review the status of open tickets. Part of this process has made us critically review what support’s role is and when issues are really better and more appropriately handled by our professional services group.
The support included with your annual maintenance is intended to supply the following:
- First line calls to assess an issue and resolve if possible
- Resolve questions that may arise about software functionality and setup
- Assist with getting the necessary professional service resources involved when an issue is beyond the purview of the support organization
To this end, there are several things which are really not intended to be covered by the support organization that we will be happy to help with through our professional services group on a chargeable basis. These items would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Enhancement (any custom modification) discovery, design, execution and implementation which includes a 30-day warranty
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrade services
- Database issues
- Training and best practice usage and consulting
As always, we seek to provide excellent value to you and want to make sure that we have the right resources available to service you. Once again, we would like to thank you for your continued support and if you have any questions or feedback, I would be delighted to hear from you directly. Here’s to a prosperous and healthy 2011.
Brian Strojny, CEO