“Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound…it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s….”
Got a bit carried away for a second. I was just thinking about integration and all that it does for enterprise ecommerce, and I couldn’t help but conjure up images of Superman. I mean, he single-handedly saves the world on a regular basis. Who doesn’t want to be the super hero at their job?
While we can’t all be Superman per se, the reality is, we’re all looking for ways to improve how we do business. Making an ecommerce site more efficient and cutting costs at the same time pretty much guarantees super hero status, no matter where you work.
Want to know something cool?
Integration does both–makes ecommerce faster and more efficient while cutting costs.
Seriously, it does.
When your ecommerce function is integrated with the rest of your business systems, you can simultaneiously:
- Capture sales whether the office is open or not.
- Manage inventory levels and eliminate back orders.
- Automate tax and shipping calculations using real-time information.
- Eliminate manual re-entry of order information in your ERP, accounting, and shipping systems.
- Generate automated order confimation emails and generate reminders for shoppers who abandon carts.
- Make your shipping/fulfillment person the first person to touch an online order.
What else could you do that would affect all of these areas and make you look like Superman? Exactly.
So, tell me again why isn’t your ecommerce function integrated with the rest of your business?
Want to learn more about ecommerce integration? Download the white paper: Integrated Enterprise Ecommerce – The Key to Online Success for B2B and B2C.